Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Peek at my Week 5/4/14





Linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for another peek at my week!

Monday and Tuesday we are finishing up our poetry unit.Then moving on to review using so many wonderful, wonderful, task cards.

Monthly Reading Skills and Enrichment Task Cards FULL YEAR BUNDLE
I picked up this set when Teaching with a Mountain view hit her 4th anniversary! We will have two stations using May's and April's task cards from this set to review so many ELA standards at once!

 Main Idea Vs. Theme Task Cards { Difference between Main I
We will use this wonderful set for two weeks. This week we will use the multiple choice cards in my teacher directed center. Next week we will use the other set on their own!

Context Clues Task Cards with Dictionary Definitions ( Com
So excited that Teaching with a Mountain view just came out with this set! My kids are really struggling with context clues! This week we will use this set in a center and next week I have another set of context clues to use!

 Literal Vs. Inferential Comprehension Task Cards { Inferen
In out last ELA station we will use these because my kids not only struggle with inferenceing but also the right there questions. I am so glad my kids will get to do both at once!

If you don't follow Teaching With a Mountain View on tpt you should! She has so many amazing task cards, math projects, and other resources. AMAZING!
We will continue working on our Movie Marathon division project in our teacher directed review center.

In other stations we will be using a few of my resources I recently made! We will be using the angle memory, decimal war, measurement poke cards, and 4.NBT task cards to play a board game.

We are finishing using I {heart} Recess' interactive moon phases notebook and then will get to have our hands on experiences using Science Penguin's science weekly five - Our Moon.

We are working on writing our biographies and then we will make soda bottle dolls of the person we researched. I can not wait for them to finish the dolls and take pictures!



1 comment:

  1. Soda bottle dolls -- what a clever idea! I've never seen that one before. I hope you will share pictures. :)

    Thanks for linking up! Love to see your plans.
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete