Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

5 for Friday!

I am linking up for my first time with Doodle Bugs Teaching for 5 for Friday!



Today I had one of those teacher moments we all hope to have and see that teaching is where we really should be. During guided reading groups one of my shy students asked to read first (amazing in its self). Then as she was reading aloud I did not have to ask her to speak up (I don't think that happened all year). She also has dyslexia and struggles normally to read things perfectly. On her first read, no mistakes, and she read with expression. I wanted to cry I was so proud of how far she has come this year!

This week I have been working on making a second grade end of year review for one of my friends. It is coming along well, and super cute!


This week I have spent so much time printing, cutting, and laminating task cards. I am 100% addicted and can not wait to use them to do more the next few weeks.


I am very excited for this upcoming week! It is teacher appreciation week and my school goes all out for it. In all my years going through school being a student teacher, never did we do anything to celebrate our teachers (back in NY). Now my school here in NC has so many things planned to celebrate teachers. I think it is amazing the love and support we get from our parents. 


This past week we got the letter asking if we were going to be renewing our lease. I can not believe I have been in NC for close to a year now. I love where my life is now compared to a year ago. I love that I and finally doing what I have been wanting to do since I was in 5th grade and I have a class that though they won't stop talking, I still love to see how much they have grown this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment