Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Biodolls

I finally remembered to take pictures of our biodolls!

For this project the kids had to pick anyone they could find a biography book on to read, take notes, write a research paper, and then make their doll. We did this 100% in class because we wanted the kids to actually do the work instead of parents.

The best part of this project was that the kids read the book in class so I had some quiet time. Once they finished reading they had to take notes. I saw the idea for a post-it note biography on tpt (I of course can't find it again), but I did not want to pay for it because I am a fist year teacher, so I made my own with some changes to fit what we needed/wanted for our fourth graders.

Then with a lot of help they wrote their research paper.

Finally it was time for the dolls! Students had to bring in an empty 2-liter soda bottle, a 3-inch styrofoam ball, and fabric/clothes to dress their doll up. In class they filled the bottle up with some water (to keep it from falling over), I hot glued their head on and they went to town! They worked really hard on this cute project.

Can you guess who they are? (answers at the bottom)



 photo newname_zps462d5627.png

1- Moses, 2- Dolly Parton, 3- Harriet Tubman

2 comments:

  1. These are very cute! I agree with your decision to make these in class -- true student (not parent) work. I'm going to have to remember this project for next year. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are really cute! Third grade always does a wax museum, so I am looking for a good biography project for next year Thank you!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete