Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday! 5/15



make that change, take a chance #quote #motivation #inspriation

This is what helped me make the decision to pack up my life (husband and one dog at the time) last summer and move 12 hours away from everyone and everything I knew. When I got hired for my dream job so many emotions went through me. Most made me terrified. How could I leave everything? But I had to. There are not many jobs in NY and my home district kind of really sucks. There are not many charter schools where I am from. There is not much respect for teachers where I am from.

I am happy in NC in my charter school surrounded by parents that respect not only me but teachers as a whole. I am in a charter school that allows me to teach the way that is best for my students, not what someone who isn't in a classroom thinks is best. 

It was terrifying to move, but if I hadn't that feeling of regret would have been a million times worse.


 photo newname_zps462d5627.png

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me! Which part of NY and NC did you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for swallowing hard, taking a deep breath, and plunging into the life you needed to be in!
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself in your current position! Sure does make those difficult choices a little less difficult!
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete