Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Scoop 10/26

Time to link up with Teaching Trio for Sunday Scoop!



I am so excited for Halloween this year! The fourth grade team is dressing up for Halloween as characters from the Wizard of OZ! I am the wicked witch, then we have Dorthy, the Tin (wo)Man, the lion, and the scarecrow!

I am not looking forward to the day of Halloween and trying to do anything educational. We have a spelling test and a vocabulary quiz (I know they won't be focused) and we do character book reports. We also get to see the fifth graders in their wax museum. There is also the parade and party of course! And it being fun Friday we have that too. 

 photo newname_zps462d5627.png

7 comments:

  1. I wish we were allowed to celebrate halloween at my school - so many of the activities and things I have see on other blogs look so fun! Enjoy your day at school (despite the spelling test...)!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry you can't! We call it fall festival day and if teachers or students want to dress up it has to be a character from a book.

      Delete
    2. I feel your pain Pixie Anne lol no celebration for me neither :_(

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of your team, sounds cute! At least Halloween is on Friday this year! ;)

    Terrific Teaching and Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank God we don't have to put up with November 1st this year!

      Delete
  3. I love that your team is dressing up! So cute. We can't dress up because kids aren't allowed to. Not even a horribles parade. :( I did buy a shirt that says "boo!" for this year, though!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! We are not allowed to celebrate Halloween in my school district. In years past we have done a vocabulary parade where students dressed up like their favorite vocabulary word - but that stopped last year (I'm still not sure why). Have fun!

    Katie
    Living the First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete